Herbal beauty tutorials
5 Benefits of Rose Water
Are you looking for herbal beauty tutorials? We must tell you this is one of the best to take back with you.
Rose water is proved to be beneficial for your skin and overall well being. Rose water is filled with anti-oxidants and various vitamins, therefore, it can help prevent the signs of ageing and nourish the skin.Rose water also has natural antiseptic, anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties.
I have been using rose water from long time and I can definitely see the changes in my hair and skin.If you have time , then I would suggest you to make your own rose water at home.
Preparation of Rose Water:
- Red Roses/Organic Roses
- Distilled Water
- Any Essential Oil(Optional)
Select some fresh, fragrant roses and rinse them. The fresher your roses are, the better results you will get. Place the petals into a sauce pan and pour water over them.
Make sure that the petals are evenly distributed, and that the water level does not come too far past the petals. If you use too much water, your rosewater will be less fragrant. Cover the pot with a lid and set the heat to “low.”
Do not let the water come to a boil or a simmer; using too much heat will ruin the color and other properties. After about 20 minutes, you will see the petals become paler, and the water take on the color of the petals. Slowly pour the water and petals over the strainer and into the jar.
The water will pass through the strainer, and the petals will get caught in it. Now you can add 1-2 drops of essential oil of your choice if you want. You can keep this in Refrigerator and use it within two weeks.
Now lets see the Benefits or how you can use Rose Water at its Best:
- Rose Water as Toner: Rose water is best used as toner. After you cleanse your face, just spray some rose water on your face and let it air dry. Regular use of rose water as a toner can help prevent wrinkles (slowing down aging process), tighten pores and add a wonderful glow to the skin.
- Rose Water as Leave In Conditioner: After washing your hair, spray some rose water onto your hair and scalp for easy detangling and also helps in growth of your hair.
- Rose Water as Facial Mist: Freshen your face throughout the day using rose water mist on your skin. Just spray rose water mist on your face (or you can also apply it using a cotton pad), it will instantly freshen your skin, naturally hydrate and nourish it, adding wonderful radiance and glow.
- Rose water in Face Packs: Mix Rose water in Multani Mitti(Fullers Earth), instead of water. Just apply this face mask until its dry and wash it off. You can instantly get glow on skin and also helps to remove tan.
- Rose water as a Makeup Remover: Just apply rose water on a cotton pad and gently remove your makeup with it, gently massaging your face. To create even more effective makeup remover – dampen the cotton pad with rose water and apply a little bit of liquid coconut oil on top of it, mixing rose water and coconut oil – this natural skin care product for removing makeup is one of my favorites! It efficiently removes makeup not only from your face, but also, can be used on the gentle skin around the eyes
Want to socialize or say hello to author?
Do you want to read similar blog?